Arrival and Dismissal
1. Arrival Time: For the current school year, school personnel will be available to supervise students in the cafeteria beginning at 7:00 A.M. That is the earliest students may arrive. Breakfast is served in the cafeteria from 7:15 to 7:45 A.M. Students arriving prior to 7:40 will report to the cafeteria, even if they will not be eating breakfast, until dismissed to go to their homeroom. ELC gates will be closed at 7:50 A.M. Morning announcements begin at 7:45 A.M. and classes begin at 7:50 A.M.
2. Dismissal Time: The school day ends at 3:00 P.M.
3. Sometimes it is necessary for school to be dismissed early without warning because of emergency situations including the potential for weather-related, hazardous road conditions. Please make arrangements with your child as to where he/she should go and what they should do at those times. Also, please complete the Emergency Dismissal Form and return it to your child’s homeroom teacher. Please update this form as necessary. If we decide to close school early, we will have a public announcement on Lakes Country 102.1 FM radio that school is closing early as soon as possible. If you are unable to hear the news, please contact Grand View School, not the radio station, regarding the dismissal time. Please keep these calls brief.
4. The decision to have school or cancel school for the day during the winter months is made either the previous evening or each morning between 4:30 and 6:30 A.M. If the decision is to close school, Lakes Country 102.1 FM radio and Tulsa television stations will be notified by 6:30 A.M. to make the announcement, starting as soon as possible. Please do not call the radio station. This information will be made public as soon as it is received from the school.
Grand View School is equipped with a two way communication system and monitors civil defense and emergency weather stations. We also have storm shelter facilities for the safety of our students. If threatening weather or dangerous conditions persist (high winds, tornado warnings, or flash flood warnings), bus routes will be delayed for the students' protection.
Grand View School complies with all EPA regulations regarding asbestos inspections.
Grand View School prefers that students not ride a bicycle to school at any time. However, if it is necessary for a student to ride a bicycle to school because of some type of emergency, the following rules will apply.
1. The bicycle should be in good repair and meet all safety requirements.
2. The rider should know and observe all traffic laws.
3. Bicycles are to be parked upon arriving at school and not ridden again until school is dismissed.
4. The school is not held responsible for stolen bikes.
5. Bicycle riders are not permitted to leave before buses in the afternoon.
I. Previous to loading: (On the road and at school)
1. Be on time at the designated school bus stops. Help the bus stay on schedule.
2. Stay off the road at all times while waiting for the bus. (Bus riders are expected to conduct themselves in
a safe manner while waiting for the bus).
3. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to enter or stand up to exit.
4. Be careful when approaching bus stops.
II. While on the bus:
1. Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times.
2. Use of tobacco in any form is prohibited.
3. Assist in keeping the bus safe and clean at all times.
4. Remember that loud talking, laughing, or other unnecessary noises divert the driver's attention and may
result in a serious accident.
5. Treat bus equipment as you would valuable furniture in your own home. Damage to seats, etc., must be
paid for by the offender.
6. Bus riders should never tamper with the bus or any of its equipment.
7. Leave no books, lunches, or other articles on the bus.
8. Keep books, packages, coats, and all other objects out of aisles.
9. Help look after the safety and comfort of small children.
10. Do not throw anything out of the bus window.
11. Bus riders are not permitted to leave their seats while the bus is in motion and must have permission
from the driver before reseating themselves.
12. Horse-play is not permitted around or on the school bus.
13. Bus riders are expected to be courteous to fellow pupils and the bus driver.
14. Keep absolutely quiet when approaching a railroad crossing.
15. In case of a road emergency, children are to remain in the bus unless the driver directs students to
conduct an emergency evacuation.
16. Do not make any gestures toward other vehicles or pedestrians.
III. After Leaving the Bus:
1. When crossing the road, go at least ten feet in front of the bus, stop, check the traffic, watch for the
bus driver’s signal, then cross the road.
2. Students living on the right side of the road should immediately leave the bus and stay clear of traffic.
3. Older students are expected to help look after the safety and comfort of younger children.
4. The driver will not discharge riders at places other than the regular bus stop, except by proper
authorization from the parent or school official.
IV. Extracurricular Trips:
1. The above rules and regulations will apply to any trip under school sponsorship.
2. Pupils shall respect the wishes of the chaperon appointed by school officials.